Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money. We may receive a small commission from our partners, like American Express, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- As a financial planner, Mark Reyes of Albert walks his clients through the financial side of preparing for home buying all the time.
- But four things were slightly different than he expected in the process of buying his own first home with his wife during the coronavirus pandemic.
- The pandemic created more competition for homes, and also meant many changes to the ways buyers are able to see potential homes.
- There are some parts of the process that are confusing even in normal times, like getting the right paperwork to mortgage lenders, and the escrow process before closing.
- Sign up for Personal Finance Insider’s email newsletter here »